Mystery Crochet-along

Monday 7 July 2014

I simply cannot resist a challenge, especially if that challenge also has a craft element. So when I heard that 'Nancy Said' of Lighthouse Yarns, Whitehead was running a mystery crochet-along I was in! 
The challenge involves following a pattern to crochet a mystery item. Although the pattern is available at the 'Nancy Said' Facebook page I couldn't resist a trip to her lovely shop to choose some beautiful wool for the project!
                               

Nina of 'Nancy Said' in Lighthouse Yarns, Whitehead. The shop is situated in an historic building - a former bank - in Whitehead's quaint Conservation Area.

                                      

Lighthouse Yarns has a wide selection of beautiful yarns, patterns, books, accessories, indeed everything the keen crochet or knitting fan could possibly want!
 I chose this beautiful yarn - I just couldn't resist the beautiful warm colours and the soft texture.
                      
The rules of the crochet-along state that no photos of finished, or even partly finished work are to be posted online until the challenge finishes on 15th August, so you'll have to wait until then to see how I get on. However, I can say that so far it's looking lacy and rather lovely!
If you want to take part in the crochet-along, or in the knit- along, also being run by Lighthouse Yarns, then contact Nina through her Facebook page 'Nancy Said' and get crafting!

No comments :

Post a Comment